Newly acquired Aaron Berisha scored the overtime winner moments after an unsuccessful power play as the Saint Mary's came up with a 4-3 victory over the visiting University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds tonight in Halifax. UNB falls to 16-2-3 on the season, 6 points ahead of the 2nd place Acadia Axemen.
- The V-Reds never led in this one as they fell behind 2-0 in the 1st period before Christopher Caissy (Brace) pulled UNB back within a goal at 17:44 of the opening period. An early 2nd period goal by Anthony Repaci pushed the lead back to two goals, only to be answered once again by Caissy (Halley, Braes), his second of the night coming on the power play at 18:29. Matt Boudens (Beauvillier) tied the game 3-3 at 13:15 of the 3rd period.
- Shots in the game were 39-22 for UNB with period totals of 9-7. 13-3, 17-6, and 0-6.
- Alex Dubeau suffered the loss in goal.
- Stephen Anderson, Cameron Critchlow, Peter Trainor, and Oliver Cooper were all scratches tonight.
- UNB will look to salvage a win on their weekend road trip when they travel to Wolfville for a crucial contest against the Acadia Axemen. Game time is 7PM.